Janice at Kitchen Heals Soul writes one of the more unique food blogs on the internet. With a PhD in Chemistry and a qualification from Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa she combines a love of baking and stunning photography with some pretty cool science so her readers can understand why recipes turn out the way they do. The only problem was… her blog design was old and she was on a platform that just didn’t let her do what she wanted or needed to do to grow.
The project included all new branding for Kitchen Heals Soul, a migration from Blogger to a self-hosted WordPress site, a custom visual recipe index that highlights the beautiful photography and gives readers the ability to filter results based on recipe type and ingredient, a customizable homepage depending on what Janice wants to focus on and much more!
- Rebranding including new logo, graphics, social media icons and fonts
- Blogger to WordPress migration
- Fresh design that is streamlined, clean and lets the photography shine
- Functional design that encourages browsing, interaction and email subscribers
- Woo Canvas for WordPress customization with child theme
- Customizable homepage widgets that can filter content based on category or tag
- Visual recipe index and blog archives to encourage browsing
- Custom recipe index filter based on recipe type and ingredient
- A shop page to feature some of Janice’s favourite tools and ingredients
This project was completed with programming and development assistance from Wakefield Web Works